We are looking for weekday, part-time baristas at our St. Michael location to deliver fresh-roasted coffee and handcrafted drinks to our awesome guests. You’ll also proudly serve fresh-baked pastries and made to order sandwiches prepared right in our shop. Our ideal candidate understands that we offer a unique experience where a coffee run is more than just an errand and delivers an experience where quality connects community.
Of course, they also need to be capable of multi-tasking in our fast-paced, high-volume store. Core responsibilities include basic register and cash handling; food and drink preparation; maintaining store cleanliness; and opening and closing procedures. Barista candidate must be available weekdays with a shift start time as early as 5:30 am. We’re offering compensation of $14:00/hour - $16.00/hour plus tips based on experience.
- Deliver excellent customer service, engaging with guests and helping create connections with the people who make up our community.
- Contribute to working in a close team environment towards a common goal.
- Consistent, quality food and beverage preparation, adhering to all recipes, procedures and techniques.
- Follow health and safety guidelines for food preparation and handling.
- Answer questions about the menu and make recommendations to customers.
- Be able to describe different coffee beans and their flavor profiles to customers.
- Handle customer complaints and resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Manage cash drawer and follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Flexibility to work different hours when needed.
- Maintain consistent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to understand and execute marketing promotions, driving results and helping achieve store goals
- Ensures opening and closing checklists are completed.
- Previous experience as a barista or in a similar customer service role is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong multitasking abilities and time management skills.
- Flexibility to work additional shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Basic math skills for cash handling and order processing.
A two-word expression that sums up your experience with Dunn Brothers Coffee. It’s our bar. It’s how we know we have delivered you a rare blend of coffee, food and community. It’s how we connect with people who care about what we source, roast, brew, bake, make and serve every day. No matter the location you visit, you will consistently taste and feel the difference that makes Dunn Brothers Coffee unique.