AberdeenPublished: October 10, 2022
Shift Supervisor Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Shift Supervisor
STATUS: Non-Exempt REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager & Store Manager
POSITION PURPOSE: Leading shifts to create an excellent experience for guests and team members. Shift Supervisors ensure fast and friendly service, quality products, and a clean, safe store environment.
- Performs all roles and duties of a team member.
- Follows Dunn Brothers Coffee policies and standards
- Supports Store Manager in day to day operations.
- Scheduled Manager on duty. Coaches, develops and mentors team.
- Helps with new hire training, communicates to team about changes in policies, promotions, and general updates that come up.
- Having the right person in the right location, managing shift labor, shift start and end times, communicate with manager if any issues occur.
- Assists ASM/ Store Manager with bank deposits, cash handling policies, verifies and balances back bank.
- Assists with monthly inventory, ordering, shift coverage, and provides performance feedback
- Helps communicate promotional items, events and upcoming donations
- Motivates team to deliver excellent customer service every time. smile, make a connection, speed of service, anticipate needs.
- Solves store problems relating to customers, employees and anything that come up during your shift.
- Ensure every product is up to Dunn Brothers standards
- Follow ups that products are rotated, day dots, and pars are adjusted as needed
- Total Store Vision- Maintains a clean environment inside and out.
- Ensures all checklists are completed before shift change
- Conducts shift change communication. What was done and what needs to be done, promotion items, weekly news updates and general items that come up.
- Equipment is being maintained and in good working order
DRIVING FOR RESULTS:
- Creates teamwork to drive for results in ongoing promotions, daily sales goals, and new programs.
- Communicate with team about daily goals
- Ensure the team is upselling items (beans, food, large sizes, promotional items.
- Ensure the team is communicating platform items (Level Up, Olo, Elevate, etc.)