Provides direct, prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Interacts with customers for their immediate selection of various beverages. Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat. Emphasis in this position is in meeting daily needs of preparing, stocking and displaying product in order to ensure maximum department sales, product availability and provide high level of customer service. The position requires on-going customer interaction, providing prompt, courteous and accurate service. Primary learning challenge is in product knowledge and equipment use.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provides direct, prompt, efficient and friendly customer service.
- Participates in all department activities, including but not limited to preparing, packaging, and displaying product in order to maximize sales, earnings, and customer satisfaction in the department and total store.
- Comfortable with serving beverages and coffee counters.
- This position requires knowledge of food safety regulations, ongoing moderate to heavy lifting, walking, standing, operation of all equipment, exposure to hot surfaces and liquids, social skills, judgment/decision making, reading, writing, and math.
- Prior coffee shop experience preferred, but not required.
- Lifting Requirement up to 50 lbs., equipment operation (scanner, register, scale, check approval machine, coupon machine, intercom), reaching, standing, stooping/bending, turning, pushing/pulling 500 to 1500 lbs.
- Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.