Dunn Brothers is looking for a full-time, weekday kitchen lead in our St. Michael location. We pride ourselves on handcrafted food. We source the best ingredients, bake fresh daily and make our food to order. No microwaves, no fryers, no hoods, no grease.
The Kitchen Lead is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the kitchen, including food preparation, cooking, cleanliness and organization. They work closely with baristas to ensure the efficient operation of the overall coffee shop.
1-3-years of experience in a kitchen environment is preferred, you will also be trained on-site by our Corporate Executive Chef. The ideal candidate will work 5:30am – 2:00 pm Monday – Friday and be compensated $17.00/hr -$19.00/hr based on experience.
- Ensuring that all recipes, procedures and techniques are followed.
- Planning and organizing kitchen workflow to maximize efficiency.
- Monitoring food supplies and ingredients, weekly orders to maintain inventory levels.
- Maintaining equipment and utensils in good working condition, coordinating repairs or replacements when needed.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, including food handling and sanitation practices. ServSafe license will be paid for if not already certified.
- Training baristas on food preparation for consistent backup
- Delivering food costs targets through proper food management handling.
Secondarily, you will also be involved with other elements of store operations including serving as a backup barista when required, equipment maintenance and overall store functions.
- Proven experience working in a commercial kitchen, with culinary training or certification being a plus.
- Strong knowledge of food preparation techniques and culinary best practices.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle high-stress situations.
A two-word expression that sums up your experience with Dunn Brothers Coffee. It’s our bar. It’s how we know we have delivered you a rare blend of coffee, food and community. It’s how we connect with people who care about what we source, roast, brew, bake, make and serve every day. No matter the location you visit, you will consistently taste and feel the difference that makes Dunn Brothers Coffee unique.