AberdeenPublished: August 26, 2022
Store Manager Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Store Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager DEPARTMENT: Operations
STATUS: Non-Exempt SUPERVISES: Roaster, TM, SS, ASM
POSITION: Grow store revenue and cash flow by creating a memorable experience for each and every customer. Make balanced decisions between driving sales and managing costs to achieve long-term growth. To serve as a role model and team leader.
PRIMARY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: Ability to perform all roles, duties, and responsibilities of Roaster, Team Members, Shift Supervisor, and Assistant Store Manager as provided in the job description.
- Demonstrates a calm demeanor during stressful situations or unusual events.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by developing action plans, directly motivating, and instructing the team to implement them to meet operational standards.
- Provides on- going development, coaching, and training for all store employees.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects new Roasters, Team Members, and Shift Supervisors.
- Maintains an adequately staffed store with qualified employees.
- Monitors the performance of each employee and holds employees accountable for standards and expectations.
- Approximately 65% of scheduled hours should be front of house working side-by-side with their team, interacting with guests, evaluating skills of their team, coaching to improving performance, and leading for continuous improvement.
- Increase unit sales by delivering quality store operations and in-store and neighborhood sales- building activities.
- Analyzes sales and labor results and uses the information to produce plans for improvement.
- Drive to increase year-on-year sales growth through execution of Operational Excellence.
- Meets budget target goals by increasing sales and controlling costs.
- Meets labor budgets by managing wages of new hires and existing employees and efficiently scheduling,
- Minimizes cash over/short by observance of cash handling policies, proper training of employees, and follow standard accounting/banking requirements.
- Maintains records of employees, inventories, sales, and accounting.
- Approximately 35% of scheduled hours should be worked in a training, planning, or administrative role.
- Completes proper forms, payroll procedures, and reports.